Cupcakes are one of my favorite desserts but since I am trying to be healthier I had been wondering how I can cut calories but at the same time not spend a ton of time baking. Well my fantastic Googling skills paid off becuase today’s Chrismakkuh project is almost too good to be true!
For this fabulously guilt free dessert all you need is cake mix and diet soda or sparkling water! I’ll be making these today for girl’s night!
- 1 box cake mix
- 12 oz or 1.5 cups of diet soda or sparkling water
- DO NOT ADD EGGS, OIL OR WATER
- Wait about 15 minutes to cool then frost your cuppies!
- Mix the cake mix and the diet soda together until smooth and creamy
- Pour into greased cake pan or non-greased cupcake pan
- Bake as directed on box
Heavenly Whipped Frosting
You will need:
- Cool whip lite or sugar free
- Instant sugar free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup of milk
- Beat or whisk the whip cream slowly but be careful so that you don’t overmix it.
- Add the pudding mix and milk
- Place the frosting in the fridge while your cupcakes are baking
- When you’re ready to frost, place whipped frosting in a large Ziplock bag. Cut the tip off a corner of the bag, and squeeze frosting down to the cut corner. Squeeze frosting out while making a swirling/upward motion and lift at the peak!
- Add sprinkles or edible pearls if you’d like! (I’m adding raspberries and mint leaves)
- Keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to serve so the frosting can set up
- Serve your delectable desserts!
If you’re trying to make these at home please share your pictures!
Have a sweet day!