So after a longgg hiatus I’m back to blogging! Let’s just say my last semester in college was hectic! Only 1 more class and a presentation left to go until I walk across that stage! It’s a major milestone and I am beyond excited for May 11th!
Most people don’t decorate their caps but since I am a fashion merchandise major it only makes sense to add some flair via Lilly Pulitzer, pearls and a monogram.
Ok so I started off by creating a monogram in Microsoft Word and it was soo easy! I started by downloading the “Monogram KK” font and then used that for my initials. You can download the font for FREE! yay! Download it here! http://www.fonts2u.com/monogram-kk.font
- Lay out all your supplies (x-acto knife or scissors, self adhesive pearls,Lilly Pulitzer print or whatever you like,glue, cardstock and Martha Stewart white glitter)
- After creating your monogram go ahead and cut it out with the x-acto or scissors
- Then take your monogram and liberally sprinkle the glitter (This is my fav part!)
- Let that dry for a few hours
- In the meantime, measure the cap’s dimensions and glue the pattern onto cardstock and let dry
- MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE A SPACE FOR THE TASSEL!
- Once everything has dried glue on the pattern onto the cap and then glue your monogram on as well.
- Finally, it’s time to apply the pearls and voila you are done!
Here’s the finished product!
Have a sweet day!